We'd absolutely love to have you on board!!
Scroll down to find our online membership form. Simply fillet out, and you'll be sure to hear back from us very soon. Annual membership fees are very reasonable:
- Single $20
- Family $30
- Concession (health care card, student card or pension card) $10
- Organisation $100
And donations are always welcome :-)
Our members are what make our garden. Many of our current members state that the people, and the friendships formed have been one of the highlights of their involvement in The Lost Plot.
You don't have to be a member to come along to a working bee or few and 'have a go'. Come and meet the gang and experience the garden first if you prefer.
We welcome members young and old, and of all levels of mobility and ability. Not all jobs are hard yakka. There is usually some painting or other creative activity to be done, and the designated 'Go-to' person at each Working Bee ensures that all attendees are given tasks (or not), to suit their abilities.
A membership is not a commitment to coming every week. You can come to the garden as little or much as you please. A membership is also not an invitation to take as much produce from the garden as you like. We ask that all of our members consider others, and that the relationship remains one of give, as well as take.
Morning tea is shared midway through a working bee, and we welcome any contributions, especially home-made snacks, or food from your gardens. Tea and coffee are provided.
Benefits of membership include:
- Connecting to your community and making new friendships
- Learning about growing fresh fruit and vegetables with organic permaculture principles
- Broader skill development
- Decreasing your food costs
- Being involved in creating artworks or building constructions
- Participating in community celebrations, events or workshops
- Attending workshops for free, or at a discounted rate
- All the health benefits of exercise, and time outdoors. Gardening is fabulous for alleviating stress!
- Opportunity to be more involved in the management of the garden, through the committee or sub-committees
Online Membership Form
This form can be filled out directly, and will save you the hassle of downloading the form and emailing it back to us. However, membership will not be valid until payment is received. Bank details can be found on the downloadable form (see above), or will be emailed through to you on receipt of this form. We're excited that you're joining us!!